The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania Future Nurse Leader ScholarshipInformation And Application
The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania Future Nurse Leader Scholarship exists to provide scholarships to students demonstrating leadership skills in their pursuit of a nursing degree. Funds are for full-time nursing students in an accredited BSN program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The applicant must attend an accredited BSN program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Applicants must be full-time students.
- Students should have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Students are required to submit completed application.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- May only apply to one NFP scholarship per calendar year, excluding the Jack Barger scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by:
- Official transcript of most recent grades (Fall Semester); Include current course of enrollment on official letterhead
- Two letters of reference on official letterhead, with at least one being an academic contact (letters should describe the applicant’s scholastic abilities, leadership qualities and community service)
- Completed essays
- Submit a high-resolution professional headshot for publicity use by PSNA/NFP (NOTE: selfies or phone camera photos are not acceptable)
Application can only be submitted via website (application form below).
Application deadline is March 30, 2019
- Within one year, recipients must agree to send a note detailing their academic milestones to NFP’s board of trustees (c/o NFP) for NFP promotional purposes.
- As able, scholarship recipients are asked to “pay their gratitude forward” through one or more of the following means to advance the nursing profession:
- Volunteering service to NFP,
- Contributing to the mission of NFP;
- Making an unrestricted financial gift to NFP; and/or
- Otherwise ensuring the perpetuity of NFP.
- Upon graduation, provide NFP with your year of graduation and updated contact information. This will be used by NFP when sending invitations and information.
- On a regular basis, provide voluntary submission of published articles and other professional works for use in PSNA/NFP publications and publicity.